The new ZX hoist sets the benchmarks in the crane industry. It provides a series of unique
benefits for the user. ZX epitomises intelligent design - for easy load handling - impressive
performance - exceptional safety levels. We invite you to compare the following hoist specification with any in the world and we think
you will agree ZX represents unbeatable value for money and great investment.
“A hoist for tomorrow’s world in which only the most productive will prosper.”
Operating and safety features
• Precision engineered hoist gearbox with all gears oil immersed in a cast
Aluminium gearbox case.
• Trolley reaction roller - avoids the need for a counterweight – increases
the life of the rolling surface – reduces shipping and transport costs.
• Capacity restrictor measures the load in the hoist mechanism – protects
the operator and the machine - Easily adjusted - does not reduce height
• Heavy duty rope guide ensures positive rope scrolling – designed to prevent
“slack rope” conditions - specially selected self-lubricating material. Heavy
duty two-speed hoist motor with built in protection against over-heating –
fitted externally for improved ventilation and easy access.
• Direct drive trolley with flangeless traverse wheels and side rollers for high
durability and reduced wear – sealed for life maintenance free bearings in
hoist the trolley frame.
• Superior load safety - low maintenance long-life hoist brake – acts on the
gearbox shaft not motor shaft - mounted externally for improved ventilation
and cooling – asbestos free brake linings - automatic braking in the event
of power failure.
• New ergonomic bottom block design for improved safety and handling –
sealed for life maintenance free bearing fitted in all sheaves - robust cast
aluminium sheave covers – spring loaded safety catch.
• High strength galvanised wire ropes for maximum corrosion protection –
compact strand structure with improved tensile strength.
• Heavy duty fan cooled trolley motor.
• Easily adjustable overhoisting and overlowing limit switches to
suit individual applications.
• IP55 steel electrical control cubicle – quick release plug and socket
connections – hours in service meter – phase failure relay protects the
hoist against incorrect phase sequence, phases failure and connection
to over or under voltage – mechanical over-speed switch for improved
operator safety - fully ferruled and identified wiring.
Optional features / equipment
• Fast and extra fast hoist speeds for shorter handling times.
• Two speed travel using 8:2 pole motor(s) or Frequency
• Special Voltages.
• One step traverse limit switches (slowdown or stop).
• Two step traverse limit switches (slowdown and stop).
• Push-button pendant on hoist.
• Visual or audible overload warning.
• Second hoist brake mounted on hoist motor.
• Standby heaters on hoist and trolley motor.
• Standby heaters in control panel.
• Frequency inverter on hoist motor.
• Non-standard traverse speeds
SC Smartdrive Technology.
The New ZX hoist incorporates SC SMARTDRIVE, the latest, most advanced traverse
speed control technology to give the superior performance you might expect from a world
leader. ZX beats the competition by employing a full frequency inverter and current vector
control for minimum load swing and easy, more accurate load positioning for greater safety